buy Gabapentin otc You don’t have to be 40 or 50 to start caring about your heart health; the good habits you implement in your 20s will strengthen your heart and boost overall health. Here are 10 tips to get heart-smart right now.
1. Balance the scales and manage your weight while you’re still in your 20s. Being overweight and obese later in life increases your risk of heart disease.
- Cakes, pies, fatty meats, cheese, cream and all those other fatty foods that taste so good contain saturated fat, which raise the level of cholesterol in your blood. Control your craving for such foods or switch to low-fat versions of it to keep your heart healthy.
5. Foods rich in omega-3 fats can help protect your heart. Oily fish like mackerel, sardines, fresh tuna and salmon are great sources of this nutrient, so make sure you get enough of it in your diet.
6. Foods rich in fibre can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of strokes. Whole wheat bread, oats, fruits like apples and pear (with their skin on) can load you up with fibre, so add a generous serving of it to your meals.
7. Including heart-pumping physical activities from walking to jogging to swimming will all benefit your heart health. Additionally staying fit will help look good and feel good too.
8. Dump the cigarette. Studies show that in just 12 months after quitting smoking, the increased risk of dying from heart disease can be half than that of a continuing smoker.
9. An active sex life also plays a major role in lowering your blood pressure and reduced your risk of developing heart disease.
10. Try and live a little. Don’t get stuck with a career-centric life that sucks out the joy from your routine. Staying happy, bonding with friends, doing things you enjoy also plays a major role in keeping your heart healthy.