Honey, the old ingredient to health. It is not only healthy but also tasty, add a different flavor to every dish. Honey can do wonders to your health if you replace it in place of sugar. It contains a lot of nutritive substances whereas sugar is called as empty calories. It is pure, nutritive and help you to mantain a healthy weight and a good health.
Here are 5 health benefits of Honey you will feel if you replace honey with Sugar:
- It is pure, made by the Nature: honey is Nature’s own sweet, untouched by humans, sugar is a concentrated, denatured and polluted substitute, a produce, as a rule, of sugar-cane, robbed by superheating of most of its natural and valuable constituents. Honey and other simple or natural sugars, such as in dates, figs, raisins, are live physiological sugars which contain the pure germs of life. Industrial sugars are anti-physiological, dead or, as a matter of fact, murdered sweets.
2. Contains healthy Enzymes to Digest:
Table sugar is sucrose, which is made up of two molecules bonded together. When we eat table sugar, our stomach has to use its own enzymes to separate the molecules apart before we can use the sugar’s energy. Honey is quite different. The bees have added a special enzyme to the nectar that divides the sucrose into glucose and fructose — two simple sugars for our bodies can absorb directly.
3. Good for your Blood Glucose:honey has a healthier Glycemic Index (GI) which measures the negative impact of a given food on the blood-glucose level. The lower the GI rating, the slower the absorption and infusion of sugars into the bloodstream and hence a more gradual and healthier digestion process.
4. No Addiction: Sugar is just as habit-forming as narcotics. Sugar contains calories which artificially create temporary energy but it is not a food because it is without nutritive value and not only does not benefit the tissues of the organism but harms them. The use, misuse and abuse of refined sugars (in the shape of candy or in any other form) is a modern nutritional disaster.
5. Good for fighting against Disease: Unlike honey, table sugar lacks minerals and vitamins (hence it’s been often called empty calories), they draw upon the body’s nutrients to be metabolized into the system. When these nutrients are all used up, metabolizing of undesirable cholesterol and fatty acid is impeded, contributing to higher cholesterol and promoting obesity due to higher fatty acid on the organs and tissues.