Although modern medicine is able to save 90% of patients presenting to the emergency room with a heart attack, you can not prevent it from occurring. Appearing or not will depend on the health habits of the person. What to do to take care of our heart?
- No smoking: The snuff narrows the arteries and reduces blood flow to the heart itself. Any amount of snuff is harmful to the heart. If you are a smoker, it is important to start a program to quit this unhealthy habit.
- Controlling blood pressure: At least once a year we must look our blood pressure. From 140/90 millimeters of mercury (14/9) must implement measures to decrease because the heart suffers wear due to excess pressure.
- Physical exercise: To keep the heart in good condition need at least 30 minutes of vigorous exercise (producing sweats), or 40 minutes three times a week. To exercise ourselves, the ramifications of the arteries open and improves heart irrigation.
- Heart healthy diet: Low in saturated fat, low salt, low sugar and no meat. Fruits, fresh vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grains and olive oil are especially beneficial for the heart.
- Watch the womb: The diameter of the waist is indicative of the total amount of fat in the body. The more fat, the greater risk of type 2 diabetes and cholesterol rise. If the waist size exceeds 102 cm in men and 88 cm in women, should implement a weight control program .
- Beware of coffee: Experimental studies have shown that coffee because it contains caffeine has negative effects on cardiovascular health. Also it studies have shown that coffee consumption triggers coronary events (angina and infarct) in sensitive individuals, and increases the severity of the heart attack.
- Listen to music: A large study showed that music has a positive effect on the heart. It reduces blood pressure and heart rate, reduces anxiety and pain in coronary patients. But not any music is beneficial, which meets only three characteristics: pleasant melody, rhythm and much harmony little.
The reasons for visits to the doctor are required:
- If you feel a crushing pain inthe chest. If accompanied by nausea, cold sweats or palpitations, may be due to a heart attack.
- Alterations in heartbeat.
- Dizziness or fainting without cause.
- Blood pressure equal to or greater than 14/9