Whether you’re 35 and have just began noticing the first signs of aging, or happen to be 55 with a skin which isn’t keeping your age a secret; looking out for some quick ways to reduce wrinkles and get that youthful skin must surely be on your agenda.
As we age, our skin loses moisture and elasticity, making it prone to wrinkles. Dermatologists have many tools for tackling those little lines that mark the passage of time. They include prescription creams, chemical peels, and Botox. But perhaps the best option is to protect your skin just as it is.
Aging is inevitable but if you can take care of some important things; right from your diet to the beauty regime, you can surely manage to keep wrinkle at bay.
1. Avoid Over Exposure to the sun:
Over exposure to sun is said to be the prime cause of wrinkles as the harmful sun rays destroy skin texture thus making it lose its lustre.
It is advised that you limit your exposure to sun and whenever you need to step out in the sun; make sure you cover your face properly.
2. Get your sleep right:
In order to have a wrinkle free skin, you not just need adequate sleep to relax your body but it’s equally important that you sleep in the right posture.
Experts say that sleeping on the back is one good position as it allows all the body functions to work well while you enjoy your sleep.
3. Wear sunglasses regularly.
Not only will wearing sunglasses protect the delicate skin around your eyes from the sun, but it’ll also help prevent squinting, which directly contributes to wrinkling.
4.Control your facial expressions.
More animated expressions mean more creases, and creases eventually become wrinkles. It might be difficult, but try to do away with frowning, eyebrow raising, and squinting. Don’t stop smiling or laughing, however. A genuine smile causes crow’s feet around your eyes but the power of sincere joy against wrinkles may be stronger than the effects of not smiling.
5.Drink large amount of water
Drinking water is one of the easiest and most effective home remedies for treating wrinkles. Water keeps the body hydrated and maintains the moisture level in the skin. When the body is dehydrated, your skin will generally look older.
Be sure to drink pure, filtered water, as unfiltered water may have traces of chemicals that can damage your skin over time.
Drink at least two liters of filtered water daily. Have a glass in the morning to kick start your day and then keep a bottle of water beside you throughout the day. Avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks, though.
6. Eat, drink, and slather on the antioxidants
When UV rays are absorbed by your skin, they create free radicals, which are volatile molecules. Those free radicals can latch onto your DNA and cause the mutations that cause wrinkles.
Antioxidants help your body defend against free radicals. Combat wrinkles by eating foods and drinking beverages that contain antioxidants (pomegranates, açai, blueberries, green tea) and using creams or moisturizers that contain them.
7.lemon can really help you
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid that acts as a strong exfoliant and helps get rid of dead skin cells. It also works as a deep cleansing agent and astringent that will help fade blemishes as well as wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging, like dark circles.
- Gently rub a little bit of lemon juice into your facial skin. Leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes and then rinse your face with water. Do this two to three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can mix one teaspoon each of yogurt, honey and vitamin E oil and lemon juice. Spread it on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Another option is to apply lemon juice mixed with amla powder (Indian gooseberry) onto your face to treat wrinkles and delay aging naturally.
8. Aloe vera can do wonders to your skin
The aloe vera plant contains malic acid that helps reduce wrinkles by improving the elasticity of your skin.
- Simply cut an aloe vera leaf from the plant and extract its gel. Apply the fresh gel onto your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to mix one teaspoon of aloe vera gel with the contents of a vitamin E capsule. Apply the mixture to areas where wrinkles are forming. Leave it on half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
9.Stay stress free:
Stress is also known to damage the skin cells and cause those nasty fine lines. It misbalances body functions that eventually affect your body and skin.
10.See a doctor when over-the-counter products fail to work and you are bothered by your indomitable wrinkles.
Prescription retinoic acid can minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Wrinkles arising solely from excessive muscular contractions, such as forehead horizontal lines or crows’ feet, should be injected with botulinum toxin. Deep wrinkles may need filler injections.