Amla candy is an Indian desert , which is both healthy and refreshing.
You should definitely try this easy and amazing desert
Servings: Serves 10
1 tsp – Cumin seeds powder
1 tsp – dried Ginger powder (saunth)
150 g – Sugar
2 tbsp – Sugar powder
1/2 pinch – edible food color (optional)
How to Prepare:
- Wash and dry gooseberry with kitchen towel.
- Boil enough water in a vessel, add gooseberry, boil for 2 minutes and drain excess water.
- Cut the gooseberry in slices.
- Add cumin powder and dried ginger powder over the top.
- Cover it with sugar, close the lid and set aside.
- Next day slices will float in sugar water.
- On the third day slices will settle at bottom.
- Now filter the slices and collect the syrup (store it in refrigerator and use it as Gooseberry Sherbet).
- Dry these filtered slices in sunlight for two days.
- Sprinkle sugar powder mixed with edible colour of your choice and store it in an air tight container.
- Enjoy the candies formed.