Today we bring you a vegetarian, simple and delicious recipe: carrot cakes. The croquettes are a well accepted dish, especially children and the elderly. The prepared from carrots have health benefits compared to meat or fish.
These croquettes contain very little saturated fat, contain beta-carotene (provitamin A) and fiber. The beta-carotene remains undamaged skin and mucous membranes, and also is a powerful antioxidant that stops premature aging and protects against arteriosclerosis and cancer.
For those who need to control their cholesterol levels it is advisable to make this recipe without eggs and milk plant.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
250 grams of carrots
50 grams of wheat flour
300 milliliters of milk or vegetable drink
1 egg (optional)
50 grams of bread crumbs
3 tablespoons olive oil (each tablespoon adds 133 kcal to the recipe, ie, about 33 Kcal per serving)
- Wash, peel and grate the onion and carrots.
- In a skillet heat the oil. Saute onion and then add the grated carrot. Keep five minutes to heat and add the flour. Remove 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Off the heat, add the cold slowly and stirring, milk not to make lumps. Put back on the heat and add the salt. Cook until thickened and mass appears from the pan.
- Pour batter into a bowl and let cool sources.
- When the dough is cold make portions with a spoon and shape of corqueta.
- Go through the beaten egg and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 220 ° C until golden brown.
- Serve hot.