Morning sickness is one of the most troublesome entity of early pregnancy.. its name is misnomer since, vomiting can occur anytime
Among most of the females, problem last upto first trimester only… but it can last throughout pregnancy also
Excessive Vomiting during Pregnancy is Known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum for which you need Immediate Hospitalisation
Cause is basically Hormonal including HCG, progestrone etc.
Treatment isn’t usually needed — although various home remedies, such as snacking throughout the day and sipping ginger ale, often help relieve nausea.
Seek Immediate help if :
- The nausea or vomiting is severe
- You pass only a small amount of urine or it’s dark in color
- You can’t keep down liquids
- You feel dizzy or faint when you stand up
- Your heart races
- You vomit blood
Reasons Nausea and Vomiting:
Nausea is actually a good sign that your pregnancy hormone levels are high enough to tolerate your baby to develop and grow. However if you don’t feel sick, don’t worry, as you may just be one of the lucky ones
Some hormones may also play a part in triggering your sickness, including estrogen and thyroxin. This is perhaps why some women’s indications last well beyond their first trimester, Morning Sickness During Pregnancy
Morning sickness can affect anyone who’s pregnant, but it might be more likely if:
- You experienced nausea or vomiting from motion sickness, migraines, certain smells or tastes, or exposure to estrogen (in birth control pills, for example) before pregnancy
- You experienced morning sickness during a previous pregnancy
- You’re pregnant with twins or other multiples
You might be more likely to experience hyperemesis gravidarum if:
- You’re pregnant with a girl
- You have a family history of hyperemesis gravidarum
- You experienced hyperemesis gravidarum during a previous pregnancy
Ginger is frequently claimed to be operative against pregnancy sickness. Morning Sickness During Pregnancy
- Though ginger may make your symptoms worse or cause you to have heartburn.
- Try preparing a tea from grated root ginger. Immerse two teaspoons in boiled water, let it to cool, and sip it all over the day.
This is a suitable cold alternative if you
- feel continually hot and want to eliminate layers of clothing
- want cool drinks
- look hot and anxious and red-faced
- feel prickly and hot tempered
Take supping peppermint or spearmint tea. Sugar-free peppermint sweets or chewing gum may also help. Peppermint or spearmint essential oil will not suit everyone, as the strong smell could make you feel sicker, Morning Sickness During Pregnancy
- Other herbal remedies means trying including lemon balm tea, slippery elm tablets, or small amounts of chamomile tea.
- The effects can be rather short-lived, so you may need to trial and perhaps replace the remedies to get the best effects.
- If movement, just car motion, makes your illness poorer, try listening to music which contains underlying, recurrent pulsations. This will overhaul the balancing mechanism in your inner ear.
- Eating vitamin B6-rich foods, such as avocados and chicken, may release your symptoms.
- Vitamin A, B supplement may also condense your nausea if you can sip the pills, but they probably won’t preclude you from vomiting