Potatoes grow all over the world and have been found in the diets of people down through time… and potatoes have great healing abilities when made into fresh juice.
For a long time, potato juice has been used as a remedy for a wide array of ailments from skin disorders to constipation to inflammation, and even cancer. It’s not a surprise why. This vegetable is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, carbohydrates, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, and iron among others.
Work as Inexpensive Detoxifying Agent:
Potato juice helps flush out toxins from the body. By doing so, it wards off numerous health problems like angular cheilitis. Angular cheilitis is usually caused by bacterial or fungal infection, which won’t occur in the first place if the body’s immune resistance is strong. Toxin overload can deteriorate your immune defense so by drinking potato juice for detoxification, you can help strengthen your immune system to fight off mouth corner cracks.
Work as Powerful Anti Inflammatory agent:
Apart from doing wonders for inflammatory skin disorders like angular cheilitis, it can also be used as a remedy for arthritis, gout, back pain and joint pain. For best results, drink it in the morning before eating breakfast.
Although not scientifically proven yet, many attest to the efficacy of potato juice for treatment of cancer. Drinking it everyday is said to help fight cancer cells and inhibit them from damaging other healthy cells.
Good For your Heart:
Healthy for the heart, potato juice can prevent artery blockage, heart attacks and Lowers Cholesterol level.
Regular consumption of potato juice can improve digestive function and thwart ailments like constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and indigestion.
Can Lower Your Weight:
This vegetable juice can also aid in weight loss. Drink it twice a day—first in the morning on an empty stomach and next, at night about two to three hours before sleeping.
Very Beneficial in Peptic Ulcers, Heart burn, GERD:
Combine potato juice with carrot juice to treat peptic ulcer.
When consumed first thing in the morning, potato juice is said to have positive effects for people who suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Benefits for the Skin:
- Angular cheilitis – One of the most important purposes of potato juice is for treating angular cheilitis, a common skin disorder characterized by redness and swelling of the mouth corners. Potato juice is known to be an effective anti-inflammatory so applying this on the corners of your mouth can tone down the lesions in no time.
- Blemishes – To treat blemishes, apply a generous amount of cold potato juice on the affected skin once a day.
- Sunburn – Apply cold potato juice on sun burnt skin. This gives a cooling sensation that alleviates stinging and pain.
- Wrinkles – Keep wrinkles at bay by dabbing potato juice gently on the face everyday. This also gives your skin a youthful glow.
- Dark circles under the eyes – Dip cotton balls on potato juice. Put them under your eyes every night before going to sleep. In a week, you can say goodbye to those unsightly dark circles.
- Puffy eyes and tired skin – Soak a cotton ball on potato juice and rub gently on tired eyes and skin.
- Skin lightening – Potato juice is a natural skin lightener. Mix it with lemon juice and apply on the dark areas of your skin. An alternative is mixing potato juice with cucumber.
- Anti-aging – For an anti-aging regimen, you can use a facemask made with potato juice and curd. This is a great way to hydrate the skin and reduce signs of aging like fine lines. Mixing potato juice with olive oil can help get rid of crow’s feet and dark circles under the eyes.
- Dry skin – Apart from applying potato juice on your skin, it also helps to drink one glass of it everyday. This is good for dry skin and skin protection against toxins.
- Eczema – Apart from angular cheilitis, drinking potato juice can also treat eczema, another common skin problem.
Benefits for the Hair:
- Hair loss – Potato juice can be used to grow hair faster. To do this, mix it with egg white and honey. Apply on your hair and let it stay there for two hours. Rinse off with mild shampoo and then, water.
- Dry hair – Mixture of aloe vera and potato juice can bring back the healthy shine of your dry and frizzy hair.
- Gray hair – Instead of using water to rinse off shampoo from your hair, use potato juice as this will help darken gray hair, and also give it a beautiful glow.