Think you’re overburdened by the ordeals of life? Here are some words of wisdom that will change your life and make you a much happier person.
1. You don’t always need a plan. It is perfectly fine to live one day at a time, as long as you’re ‘living’.
2. Always prioritize. It makes life so much simpler. Maybe, the things you’re worrying so much about right now don’t even fall any close to the things that actually matter.
3. Every day you live, you’ve got to do one thing that makes you happy. Without that, life is a total waste.
4. Focus on the things you have, instead of the things you don’t. Happiness never comes to those who don’t appreciate what they already have.
5. Smile more often. You’d be surprised how many things you can resolve in life with just that one smile.
6. There is nothing you need to fear. Everything you want right now is on the other side of fear.
7. Don’t always want things. Sometimes, it is much more fulfilling to do things for others. The satisfaction lasts much longer!
8. Let go. Not everything is under your control. Fretting over it will only make you unhappy. What is to happen will happen anyway. The sooner you realize it, the happier you become.
9. Never lose touch with your loved ones, no matter what. No work is more important than relationships.
10. Learn to accept failures. This is neither the first time things aren’t turning out as planned nor is it the last one. The key is to get over it and move on.
11. Neither is the world a very accepting place, nor are you perfect in whatever you do. Learn to laugh at yourself, and you’ll win over even the worst of your critics.
12. Sometimes, just say what you feel like. Life without any facades is much happier.
13. Keep the cynics out of your circle. You don’t need unnecessary negativity around to rub off on you.
14. Make peace with the fact that not everyone thinks the way you do. That doesn’t make them right, just different.
15. Take a break. Set off on a trip and spend some time relaxing. Don’t let the mundane eat you up hollow.
16. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. You’re a different person, you’re unique. Accept yourself the way you are.
17. Leave from work on time. It is just work, treat it like that. Remember that you have a life beyond office.
18. Learn to enjoy your own company. Stop looking for happiness outside. It lies within.
19. Live the moment. What you have right now is much more precious than what you ‘could’ have instead.
20. Never give up on your hobbies. They are what make you the person you are. Don’t let work override your real passion in life. Be in touch with the real you.
21. Express your feelings to people who matter. Open up. Take that burden of being strong all the time off your heart. For a while, just be what you are.