Mumbai Vada Pav a lip smacking junk – street food of Mumbai which is relished by people from all age groups.
Course: Starter, Side
Servings: Serves 8
Preparation Time : 25 min.
Cooking Time:15 min.
- 3 Potatoes Boiled
- 3 Green Chilies
- 15 to 17 Curry Leaves
- 17 to 20 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 t/s White Urad Dal [Split White]
- 1 t/s Mustard Seeds
- 1 t/s Turmeric
- 1 t/s Asfoetida [Hing]
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala
- 6 to 7 Pav’s
- 2 cup Oil
- 6 tbsp Gram Flour
- 3 tbsp Water
How to Prepare:
- Take boiled potatoes. Chop them into medium size.
For Green Paste:
- Combine curry leaves, Chopped Ginger,Coriander, Garlic Cloves,Green Chilies.
- Otherwise grind them coarsely in grinder with 2tbsp water. Note:Consistency of the paste shouldn’t be too thin
- Take 2 tbsp Oil in a small pan. Once oil is hot add mustard.
- When the mustard crackles add Asofoetida, Urad dal. Remove from fire.
- Combine tadka, greenpaste, ½ cup coriander leaves, chat masala along with salt and lime juice in the chopped Potatoes. Mix evenly with your fingertips..
- Form small balls out of it. You could from 7 to 8 balls easily. If the potato mixture is sticking to your finger. Rub some oil to your finger.
- Once all small balls are formed. keep it aside.
- Take a Wok or vessel. Add Gram Flour and water to form a paste.
- Ensure the paste is thick not thin. Add salt and rest ½ cup coriander leaves to it.
- Get a big pan for frying. Pour oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot. Dip Potato balls into gram flour batter. Gently place them in the oil with your finger or spatula. Ensure you fry these Vada on low flame. Else it might burn. Once they become nice golden brown and crisp. Your vada is ready.
- Dab some tissue paper on it to remove excess Oil.
- Fry the rest of vadas and serve on a platter with Fried Green chili.
- Take pav slice them into 2 halves. Rub some chutney or sauce on the pav. Place this hot vada between the pav. Your hot vada pav is ready.
- Serve Mumbai Vada Pav’s hot with sweet chutney, spicy chutney or Sauce.
This Indian Style Burger tastes Best with Masala Tea
What's your reaction?